Submitting Service Hours at Alverno
Information needed with every submission of hours:
– Daughter’s name/grade
– Parent name
– Name/date of event
– Amount donated – MUST put a total if the receipts has other items not pertaining to Alverno.
If you are turning in a receipt to the front office, please complete an APA Service Hours form and staple to your receipt.
If you are submitting via email to event chair, include all information noted above and attach a picture of your receipt.
No credit will be given if form or email does not contain all the information requested.
Please be considerate to the many volunteers who calculate hours by following our simple rules. It is vital to tracking hours correctly.
Annual Giving Campaign
Donations to Alverno are vital to the ongoing development of the school and each gift reflects the strong spirit of philanthropy and culture of giving that is evident within our school community. Like other independent schools, Alverno depends on the Annual Giving Campaign to bridge the gap between tuition and the actual cost of educating each student. What makes the Annual Giving Campaign different from our other fundraisers is that the money raised is unrestricted. That means that the money can be used anywhere it is needed and where it will benefit our students the most. And donations to the Annual Giving Campaign are 100% tax-deductible!
- Enhance academic and co-curricular programs
- Attract top-notch faculty
- Support special programs and events
- Cover the day-to-day functions of the school
- Support faculty development to ensure that our teachers are on the cutting edge of educational research and instructional techniques
- Support maintenance and improvement of our classrooms, buildings, and grounds
- Avoid drastic tuition increases
How to Donate Money
If you are interested in donating to the Annual Giving Campaign, you may donate by check or credit card. To make a donation by check, please contact Wendy Finch-Burk, Director of Development and Alumnae Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make a donation by credit card, please click here.
Participation Program (Service Hours)
All parents/guardians are required to volunteer their time (20 hours total for two parents, 10 hours per single parent) during the school year in support of school activities, OR pay your hours off for $500 ($25 per hour) to the APA. Opportunities to perform service are available throughout the year; account balance reminders are mailed in January and May. Completed service hours by both student and parents are one of the criteria for continued receipt of financial aid, and/or scholarships. Parents whose daughter is the recipient of financial aid or scholarship monies are not eligible to pay for their service hours.
How to Start Participating
1. Start by checking out the Events Calendar to review available events.
2. To go the SignUp.com tab to select and sign up for an event. You will find out when and where to show up and who your Event Chairperson is. Write those down or add them to your personal calendar.
3. Show up at the designated time to your chosen event and check in with your event Chairperson then work hard! Thank you for your service!
4. Then come back and go to Check Your Service Hours to track your service hours for the year.